On Nov 13, 2005, at 1:42 PM, akasha_108 wrote:

>> (The point of the exercise,
>> of course, having been to suggest that TMers are
>> greedily preoccupied with making money and thus
>> vulnerable to get-rich-quick schemes, especially if
>> they're advertised using TM slogans.)
>
> From I have seen in 35+ years,in and around the movement:
>
> 1) TM teachers and govs are often preoccupied with making money
> quickly.
>
> 2) TM teachers and govs are often open to "magical thinking", often
> lack much critical evaluation, logic and analytical skills,  and
> therefore are vulnerable to get-rich-quick schemes.
>
> 3) TM teachers and govs are often have talked the talk of incredible
> undemonstrated stuff for so long, using TM slogans and lingo, that BS
>  can often make great sense to them "hey its just like ....". They do
> draw parallels and analogies as if this were a proof. And worse yet,
> often the analogies are to nebulous, abstract unproven stuff to begin
> with from TMO-world.

Precisely. This was one of the points I've made to Judy--this is a
well-known dynamic IF you were in those circles. It would appear she
is not familiar with this (or is pretending not to be), so what is
there to discuss? You either've seen this or you haven't. And much of
this may be past now that the TMO is essentially dying and little or
no new blood coming in.