Yes, it is an awesome experience of quiet. The thickness of the silence. It is
amazing how deep and seductive it gets.

 I've been having the same experience whenever going to a cabin far from other
people for a few days particularily observing silence, no talking or calls.
Silence becomes so dominating and thick one can almost touch and certainly see
it as small balls of light joyfully floating around. It's tempting to spend
longer periods of time in such a manner, perhaps in the Mountains.

 One thing I have noticed in my new neck of the woods, is the silence. No more
hum and growl of traffic, the vibration of the freeways. I have several musical
instruments, and a lot of music, but the silence is so seductive, I find myself
keeping the house as quiet inside, as the outside. Most of the time it is
thickly and peacefully silent, here. I had ideas before being here, that now
that I have the space, and distance from neighbors, I could listen to songs at
concert volume, but I have yet to do so. Far more soothing to hear the quiet.