On 10/26/2014 6:41 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:

Do the MT'ers push the meditators to become siddhas like the regular TM'ers do?

Non sequitur. It has already been established that the Rama cult members were pushed to become "siddhas". On hundreds of occasions Rama used to demonstrate siddhi accomplishments to his students, but only one or two bought into the scam and neither, according to Barry, ever managed to levitate, or even sit still during a meditation retreat, despite donating thousands of dollars to Lenz. Go figure.

/"The person levitating or flying through the air was a guy named Frederick Lenz, who also called himself Rama. He taught a hodge-podge of things from different traditions, but the majority of them were Buddhist. He didn't teach how to do this stuff directly; he just did it. As far as I know, none of his students ever developed the knack."/ - TurquiseB

*From:* salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
*Sent:* Sunday, October 26, 2014 3:35 AM
*Subject:* [FairfieldLife] Re: TM Scorpion Renegades

Hey Sal, you ever do any rounding in this joint?

Nope, I never met any of the teachers there either. They were leaving just as I started working for HQ. In fact I was on the conference call when they started complaining about Marshy's new pricing scheme, it was my first glimpse of collective coherence or "field independence" as the case may be ;-)

Nice building though, I know TMers who go on courses there (shock, horror. They only tell me about it under dire injunctions of silence) and who enjoy the non-movementness of it all. This is what TM is all about for me, weekends in stately homes with good food and company and no Bevan Morris and John Hagelin in sight, cosy and fun and not too religious - that's how it should have stayed.

The MT are cheap though and they are successful, maybe those things are coincident but they don't have anything (or anyone) to put you off, the last official introduction tape I saw was appalling. It had the usual mood-making bliss bunnies in suits going on and on about vedic "science" and sthapatya veda even! It put me off and I'd been doing it 15 years at the time, can't imagine what newbies thought about it.

http://www.meditationtrust.com/transcendental-meditation-retreat/

image <http://www.meditationtrust.com/transcendental-meditation-retreat/>

Learn Transcendental Meditation on Retreat <http://www.meditationtrust.com/transcendental-meditation-retreat/> Learn Transcendental Meditation on Retreat with the Meditation Trust, experienced teachers of meditation, at our tranquil countryside retreat near London

View on www.meditationtrust.com <http://www.meditationtrust.com/transcendental-meditation-retreat/>

Preview by Yahoo

    • Re: [Fairf... salyavin808
  • Re: [FairfieldL... Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]