> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> >  Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > In my direct
> > > experience with MMY and SSRS, their darshan is vast
> > > and powerful...infinite Shiva.
> >

> > An honest question and sincere point:
> >
> > I am wondering what you feel from your wife's "darshan"? Or
> attention
> > on the love you have for her?
> >
> > The point I am trying to get at is distinguishing what comes from
> > inside us, but we attribute to others, and what really comes from
> > "outside".
> >
> > Which is sort of silly when we ae discussing "infinite Shiva" --
> its
> > all inside and outside.
> >
> > But that sort of gets to the point. I find, that when focussing on
> > loved one, love fills you up, and all sorts of energy dynamics can
> > unfold, lots of powerful stuff can happen. And one attributes it to
> > the other, but its really just love within oneself unfolding.
> >
> > So thats the case with "ordinary folks" (not to imply your wife is
> > ordinary).
> >
> > Is it (any) different with "saints"? I know that sounds like a
> silly
> > question and makes it seems I have never been in the presence of
> > saints and felt powerful and wonderful things. I have. But still,
> it
> > begs the question, how much is coming from them, how much is just
> real
> > inner stuff bubbleing up because we are focussed on something that
> > invokes love and surrender?
> >
> > MMY has wonderful lectures on "you think its all coming from the
> > teacher, but the teahcer does nothing, it all comes from the
> student.
> > Like a resevoir does nothing, its the pipe that makes the
> conection.
> > Like a golden chain .... "
> >
> > And "love comes from you, not from the one you love...."
> >
> > Both quote streams are related to what i am trying to get at with
> the
> > darshan experience -- but are not 100% dead-on.
> >
> > And many devotees make the (non) distinction that "here or there,
> in
> > their physiccal presence, 10,000 miles away, the guru is aways
> there,
> > full as full can be."
> >
> > Has anyone figured out this "distinction" of wholeness and its
> > "source" in saint darshan? How much is coming from the Saint?
> >
> Its a resonance thing. The saint is awake. When we awaken in the
> same way, we think it is the saint. But it isn't. Its both. Same
> with a loved one. Its both. Which is why as we develop, it doesn't
> much matter if it is a tree or a saint or a piece of gum or a dog or
> the morning breeze, same effect.
>
> What originally made us go Wow! is pretty much everywhere. Not a
> whole lot of difference. More oneness, less otherness, less wowness,
> more isness...

But in the case of a tree, its not really "both", the tree is not
"awake" like a saint, it does not resonate in the same way as awakened
saint.

But I agree, experientially, that inanimate things, like a "tree",
can serve as a catalyst. I used to literally have a "tree temple" in a
large park -- that I "figured", "vowed" , "decided", "intuited" that
through devotion I could make the divine manifest in that very spot.
Like a murti in a temple.

My above question has to do with the question of if its our "image"
and "expectations" of the saints purity that invokes that within us,
starting the energy chain and inner dynamics.

For example, I view SBS as pure as refined glass or a diamond -- an
almost tranlucent body that lights up like a blazing diamond from
inner light. But I realize that may be from inner and personal
"expectation" and imagining. And thus, really could be "transferred"
to anything - and that anything could serve as a similar catalyst.
Like my "tree".