 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>

 These can be found in the messages from the crop circles.  This new technology
would more likely be suppressed by the energy companies and the
military-industrial complex.

 Youtube is the opium of the masses. A plot by the New World Order to keep
everyone in a state of complete mentally distracted ignorance. Probably a
billion videos about that too....

 And there really isn't anyone who is suckin' on that opium pipe more than
JohnR. It's actually worse than Richard Williams, who seems to believe that
"It's true if I found it on Wikipedia." JohnR thinks "It's true if I found it
on YouTube."

 I think it's a theory worth exploring, this easy access to total drivel must
be affecting how people assess evidence and formulate theories. If you don't
study science at school you might get fooled into thinking that any documentary
lookalike video with a voice over is as likely to be true as something that has
had quality research behind it.

 It must be having an affect on how people judge things, how they see the
world. And most importantly why they choose to disbelieve so much that is clear
to the rest of us. It's what is fuelling the idiocracy, except it's an
idiocracy of people who are wilfully misinformed rather than intrinsically
stupid.

 A passive populace kept occupied wondering about crop circles and aliens on
the sun is just the sort of thing governments would want if they were up to no
good and didn't want people looking into it. It's a conspiracy!