Not sure if you meant Curtis or me here as your link also covers the topic I
raised. Whatever . . .

 I've seen Temple Grandin featured before on documentaries and she is quite
extraordinary. The idea of listening to and taking seriously what autistic (and
other personality types operating on the margins of the "normal") men and women
make of our shared world has to be a positive development. It's like being
given a new scientific instrument that opens up a whole new vista.

 I just found this and thought you could give it a skim. It answers your
question probably better than I did.
 http://horseandrider.com/article/whats-your-horse-thinking-13295
http://horseandrider.com/article/whats-your-horse-thinking-13295