Yep. Seems like the idea of average people like me walking around enlightened,
with the ability to act in a spontaneous way, is frightening to some. Must be
an ego thing.

 So, there has never been a model, of how an enlightened person acts, as a
householder. Maharishi brought out a lot of elements regarding diet,
architecture, health, and even fashion (saris and crowns, robes and cream
colored suits) that although provocative, and even quietly revolutionary, will
only be adopted by a tiny minority. The trick is to weave an enlightened life
within our own culture, and culture in the West favors the individual, so we
are back to square one. :-)

 This is what I don't get, the idea that some people have that you can know who
is "enlightened" and who isn't. The fact that they can have this ingrained set
of ideas of how enlightened people act is quite hilarious. I mean, on what are
these ideas based? Where did they come from? It seems like if enlightened
people were to follow the 'guidelines' of what some here seem to think
enlightenment means you'd be the most boring person on the planet. Perhaps
their ideas are along the lines of acting like some bookish saint, doing plenty
of volunteer time at your local food kitchen and ASPCA, donating a few organs
and baking pies and casseroles for the neighborhood after having built your
neighbor's barn and knitted a slew of sweaters for the needy. I say most have
very old fashioned and limited views on this enlightenment business. What, an
enlightened person can show anger or impatience? Pish posh.