You live in urban California, where any carrier's phones will work adequately,
and money is the most important consideration. Out here in rural America,
coverage is a much more important issue, and in Iowa, GSM carriers suck ass. US
Cellular and Verizon, both CDMA, are the only carriers with decent coverage.
Sure, the GSMers cover Iowa's cities and Interstate corridors, but out in the
boonies, forget about it. Hell, there are buildings in Fairfield where GSM
phones can't even make or receive calls.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <noozg...@sbcglobal.net> wrote :

 Dump Verizon.  Obviously you are under no obligation to them using a 10 year
old phone.  Verizon uses CDMA which is hard wired into the phone.  Use a
carrier that has GSM as that uses SIM cards. Buy a no contract phone and get a
SIM care for your carrier as a prepay.  I have my prepay set up to
automatically refill each month.  You can move your cell number to the new
carrier too. If you don't like the carrier stop the prepay and get another
carrier.  Some folks use more than one carrier and just change the SIM card
when needed.

 Cellular companies seems to be run by the great great grandsons of old west
snake oil salesmen.  Be wise and you won't be a mark for them and waste money.

 On 11/19/2014 11:39 AM, Share Long sharelon...@yahoo.com