He claimed that as Brighu, he was Maharishi's dad, one of his four sons. He
also claimed that Maharishi sat on a dais with two people on his right and left
to imitate his father, himself. He told us that before he revealed who he was.
Oddly he said that Maharishi was instructing him to do it. It is odd to me cuz
I would think that as a former Brighu he should be able to make such decisions
for himself, right? He had been Plato and a disciple of Jesus and he still
needed daddy Maharishi's permission? That part was a bit slippery as if he was
offloading the responsibility for making such an outrageous claim onto
Maharishi. "The guru made me do it!" (Said in Flip Wilson's Laugh In voice!)

Shankara was the incarnation of Vyasa who wrote lots of the Vedic literature
including the Gita. In Hinduism, Veda Vyasa was considered to be part Vishnu
with Krishna being all Vishnu all the time.

But I don't think we can begrudge the guy his success. He made a bundle of cash
as a lawyer and he has a hobby, being whatever it was he was laying down. It
shows how complicated people are and how really energetic driven people can
kick ass in business, while not being exactly consistent through their whole
personality. Also think of the hutzpa this guy could direct for his own gain.
It doesn't surprise me that he kinda believed in himself a little throughout
his career.

 how successful can he be when he is in essence claiming to be the spiritual
father of the whole TM Movement and the so called holy tradition from whence TM
supposedly came by being Shankara's daddy in the ancient times? Talk about
wanting attention - man oh man. His sister's passing seems to have unhinged him.