 Anyone got anything positive to say about this book? I did read it but found
it rather dreary. It fails as poetry and it fails as mystical literature. Am I
missing something?

 I remember liking it when I heard Marshy's recital on a rounding course. But I
was loved up at the time and the prevailing emotional mood might have coloured
my opinion.

 I didn't get anything out of this video, it makes my teeth ache.

 Will there be any heavy metal in the Age of Enlightenment? What sort of Heaven
on Earth would it be without my Judas Priest and Motorhead albums?

 I have discussed this with TM teachers and opinion divides between: By the
time we get there we will be so evolved and refined we won't want to hear it
any more.

 And the much more preferable: Of course, all expression of music are
expressions of the Ved and will have their place. But the guy who said that was
a jazz musician and hated the AofE music as much as I do.

 The fact that MMY's other books (which do have something to recommend them)
Science of Being and Art of Living and On the Bhagavad-Gita were mainly penned
by his ghost writers is perhaps ominous. But Love and God seems to have been
composed by His Holiness himself.

 TBG felt to me like he was trying to cram his theories into a story where they
don't belong. If you read the verses on their own you get a different idea of
what the story is all about. And the technique for gaining enlightenment it
describes doesn't remind me of TM at all!

 SoB,AoL is just scary fundamentalism and probably dangerous with things like
its dismissal of all psychiatric help in favour of TM. When I got rid of my TM
books down at Oxfam I left it at home in case some one read it and believed it.
I think the TMO would be better off rewriting it based on the actual
experiences of meditators rather than the hyperbolic madness of Maharshi's
vision of the intended goal.

 Here, Rick Stanley adds some genuine feeling to Maharishi's words.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7tEPXhfDnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7tEPXhfDnQ

 Blimey, TM videos are weird, what are all those people sitting in the
background supposed to represent?

  • [FairfieldLife] Love ... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... lengli...@cox.net [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] ... salyavin808