We have some theaters that are "diner movie theaters" in the SF Bay Area. I saw a movie at one in Oakland where we were able to order wine and pizza. The menu was varied (didn't think it would be much fun to try to eat pasta during the movie).

Problem with a lot of the "ornate" old theaters is they lacked stadium seating. I'm even wondering how the line of site from the balcony of the theater posted here works out. But many of these had almost flat floor so if anyone 6' 10" sat in front of you then you didn't get the see the movie.

The theater about 1/2 a mile from me was remodeled about 10 years ago and was one of the first all digital theaters in the SF Bay Area (technology seems to follow me around). All seats are stadium. But since they are often small auditoriums I like to sit at the back row right under the projection window. That way I avoid some problems that stadium seating doesn't tend to solve: idiot behind you kicking your seat, talking during the movie and putting their stinky tennies on the back of the seat next to you.

On 02/17/2015 10:57 AM, Michael Jackson mjackso...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife] wrote:
I never heard of sech as that. Over here in the US we jist got popcorn and the occasional theater shooting.

*From:* "TurquoiseBee turquoi...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*To:* "FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com" <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
*Sent:* Tuesday, February 17, 2015 2:28 AM
*Subject:* Re: [FairfieldLife] Fifty shades of Glasgow...

*/Michael, I don't know about the UK, but one can have a drink (alcoholic) in most movie theaters I've been to in the rest of Europe. Some of the theaters even have full bars that are so nice that people come to them to socialize and have a drink with friends even if they're not seeing a movie. The bar in the ornate, wonderful Tuschinski cinema in Amsterdam is like that:/*