I don't generally like Stone's movies because I don't like being so obviously
preached at, that's why U-Turn is his best film IMO. It's just a comedy of
errors with Sean Penn as a smug city kid on the run from the mob who finds
himself hopelessly out of depth when his car breaks down in a small mid-west
town. Very funny in a very black sort of way.

 I thought that, given his predilection for conspiracies, he would have had a
field day with 9/11 but he made it into such a mawkish bit of "God bless
America" patriotism it made me puke. He missed a trick there..

 I'm not a big Oliver Stone fan because of all of his misogyny and
conspiracy-theory-weakmindedness, but I'll see this one because of JGL and
Snowden.

 That said, what made the documentary "Citizenfour" so powerful was getting to
see the man himself, sitting in that hotel room in Hong Kong, presenting his
material to Glenn Greenwald *in real time*. Seeing the look on his face as the
fire alarm goes off (in a test), wondering if it's going to be followed by men
breaking the door down. Seeing his face as he chats over the Internet with his
live-in girlfriend after the NSA and the FBI show up at her door (he carefully
told her *nothing* of what he was planning to do, to protect her). Joseph
Gordon-Levitt has his work cut out for him to capture the strength of character
and sense of caring for one's fellow man that Snowden himself displayed in
"Citizenfour."