 That said, what made the documentary "Citizenfour" so powerful was getting to
see the man himself, sitting in that hotel room in Hong Kong, presenting his
material to Glenn Greenwald *in real time*.

This made the movie for me as well.  Snowden did not make this about himself,
but rather about the data, the findings, the bad policies and illegal
practices.  In the small art house we were watching the film in, people were
gasping, because the drama was REAL.

I have a lot of respect for Greenwald for his taking this risk on a story like
this and also for his great skill in communicating what the message is.  Most
chilling of all is his summary that if people can't speak freely because they
are being watched, then you  have effectively killed free speech and democracy.