> In a message dated 11/30/05 12:02:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> You  still haven't proven it. You didn't even prove it for JFK and
> Reagan,  whose tax cuts were far greater, percentage-wise, than
> Bush's. Also, over  what time-period were these previous tax cuts
> sucessful?
>

> _The  "Secret" JFK Tax Cuts_
> (http://209.157.64.200/focus/f-news/911868/posts)  This might
answer some of your  questions

"Apparently, it's fine for a Democratic President to push for tax
cuts that will spur economic growth, but not for a Republican like
Ronald Reagan, and now George W. Bush. To say that JFK's tax cut was
any different is a blatant lie. In a way, Kennedy's tax cut could
have benefited the rich even more. Any tax cut from rates as high as
over 90% will have a much larger impact than a tax cut on tax rates
from 20 through 50%.

Bush only plans to reduce the top income tax rate from 39.6 to 33%.
Kennedy cut taxes for the rich by one-third. Bush's income tax cut is
only a one-sixth reduction. Additionally, Bush's tax cut would return
less than 7 cents on each dollar earned, whereas Kennedy's tax cut
returned 26 cents on each dollar. These are facts conveniently left
out by Ted Kennedy and other Democrats - that Kennedy too drastically
cut taxes for the rich, and that Reagan's tax cuts were across-the-
board and caused tax revenue to increase. The evil Republicans' tax
cuts even propose an end to the marriage penalty tax and the tax on
Social Security benefits!
"

So, Bush's tax cut of about 10% on the highest wage earners has had
the same impact as Kennedy's tax-cut of 30%?

I agree that 94% is too high a tax rate. But what is NOT too high a
tax rate? 10%? 20%? Etc?

Does the term "point  of diminishing returns" mean anything to you?