 They're learning about earthquake predictions here all the time and it isn't
over at some ashram.  Try UC Berkeley or UCSF.  They're working on early
warning systems.  Your sister probably likes the Sun for a change <snark,
snark>.  But the bigger problem here now is the drought.  We got some rain
Friday night but it would need to rain through June to make up for things.

She was telling me about having to cut back another 25% on water use, she's
pissed of because she was being frugal anyway while the people down the road
were watering their lawn and a similar percentage drop for them means they can
still take baths twice a day. badly thought out scheme but what can you do?

 She's coming over for a visit next week and yes, it's wet and freezing here...