 More likely the last eclipse a couple weeks back did some shifting of the
tectonic plates in the Himalayas.  We see quakes occurring regularly around
eclipses and usually a little afterward as the plates settle again.
Geophysicists are now trying to figure out a way to find which faults are about
to blow.

 Hmm. If wonder if there's any truth to it? Maybe very high tides do cause a
differential in weight applied across a large area that is enough to trigger a
quake that was waiting to happen. But if they don't happen every time then it
can't really be used to predict them. Maybe a combination of factors like time
since last quake, or since nearby volcano that might have released a bit of
pressure.

 Worth a google around I think.