So, you're thinking that Jim is jealous of you?

 LOL. As I predicted, hysteria, with a side order of crying and whimpering.

Maybe you're jealous of Jim sharing his enlightenment experience with all his
friends, while you failed to get enlightenmed in 5-7 years; failed to produce a
single enlightened student in over two decades; and failed to hop, fly, or even
to slowly lift up off of a sofa.

 I had forgotten about how jealous he gets of me, though.

Yeah, right - Jim, who bought a big house in the country with a garden and
windows with a view of the mountains, out in sunny California - is jealous of
you in your tiny, rented, upstairs bedroom in a boarding house over in gloomy
Holland with a view of a cold dank canal.

My bad for leaving that one off the list of the ways in which he'd react.  :-)

Jim wasn't even talking to you, he was dialoging with Curtis. Go figure.