Thanks for try to help the poor guy, Buck. Some people just feel better when
they have someone to talk to. It's not complicated.

 Turqb is proly not all bad as a person. One can kind of understand some of
these old TM'ers here in frequenting FFL the way they do yet looking for
community as they once had.

 Being an immigrant, isolated in a foreign country, is probably difficult and
at times very depressing, where people don't even speak your language and never
even heard of TM and the Maharishi Mahesh Yogi.

 In a desperate plea for attention, they sometimes even turn antagonistic to
their own group. We don't know exactly why they turn, but it probably has a lot
to do with local peer pressure in order to fit in.

 That communal something, that brotherhood that they had during their formative
heady days of youth whence TM was coming in to its own back in the 60's and
70's. Those were powerful times in camaraderie, something that some people may
not ascend to have in their lives like that at all.

 Being an ex-military brat, it's hard to keep in touch with old friends.
Obviously anyone that would leave the U.S. to live in Europe by choice, already
has some major mental and social problems, right?

 There are few environments or careers that produce or give that level of
feeling of purpose and communal connectedness.

 When a guy gets into a situation as an expat, they sometimes try to hang on to
the old memories of the glory days back in the States. They sometimes miss
their family and old friends so they seek to keep in touch by any means
possible: watching Yank movies, going on the internet to reach out to old
friends, if they ever had any.

 A lot of old TM'ers like several here on FFL as they formatively 'came of age'
it was back in the heady days of TM in the 60's and 70's. At a time that may
have been one of those more powerful times of community for some in their whole
lives. Some people in their early lives may never really have a cultivated
experience of community, of navigating a healthy bonded group experience, like
army brats that get moved frequently around in their youth may miss out on this
in those formative years. TM for some may well have been that most powerful
experience of group community, of brotherhood in anything. Seeing this or
making note of it I feel makes sympathetic characters of several people you see
in TM or here on FFL.  -JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <reverse_archery@...> wrote :

 "Ha! What nonsense from him. I remember about ten years ago, interacting with
Barry, and he was a different person. But, when I recognized around that time,
that my experience and my life were meeting the criteria for spiritual
liberation, or enlightenment, and decided to come out of the closet about it on
FFL, he kinda flipped out, and hasn’t been the same since.

 In evaluating what he has to say, regarding these endless rants against TM, it
suddenly occurred to me that if I were to compare Barry’s REAL life, against
mine and those in my social circle, he has accomplished very little. He strikes
me as someone who has lived so much of his life in a spiritual cocoon, and
wearing his ‘anti-cult’ glasses, now spreads the warning *of his own
experience* tirelessly, not realizing that most of us, certainly everyone I
know, has managed to simply elude the snares he rails against incessantly.

 His life’s reality, focused unerringly on turning others away from the
spiritual dependency he lived for decades, is so tiny, so restricted, so
unsuccessful, compared to the life I live, it becomes something very much about
Barry, but with little relevance to me. He has made up his mind long ago about
those who have faithfully practiced TM, and the notion that someone has
accomplished the goal, in spite of his judgments and assumptions, drives him
mad. It is just not at all my problem, and something he will have to resolve on
his own. Or not. :-)"

            • Re... rich...@rwilliams.us [FairfieldLife]
  • [FairfieldLife] Re: Mess... reverse_arch...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re:... curtisdeltabl...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]