 Curtis - you really need to stop this malice and deception please. I don't
have the time or energy or the inclination to post here and re-hash old issues
from 4 years back. The fact of the matter is Ravi didn't cause you any personal
harm nor did I cause this international conspiracy of flooding the search
engines, how hilarious and preposterous.

Me: Yeah he actually did. It was a proven fact. And the intention behind it was
to harm me. It was stopped by Rick. Who happens to be a search engine expert by
profession, so he understood exactly what was happening. I was a search engine
optimizer for a tech company years ago. But anyone with familiarity with them
could recognize what was happening. I was able to check it so I could determine
the rate that my name was being associated with vile lies by its rank in the
search engines. The bluff and bluster of words like "preposterous" doesn't
substitute for facts.

 ?: You got a taste of your own medicine and a taste of what your pal dishes
out to everyone else - gratuitous, egregious barrage of insults.

Me: This is untrue as anyone who ever read me here knows. I have suffered a
barrage of insults from quite a few people here but I would never question
their right to express that here.
It is not "medicine" to flood search engines. It is a cyber aggression for
actual harm.

 ?: Please move on Curtis - stop your poor me routine.

Me: There was no poor me. I took action so it was stopped. I was the opposite
of a "poor me."

 ?:Same goes for the likes of Xeno and empty bill, stop these personal attacks
on me.

Me: Are you outing yourself?

 ?: Otherwise I agree with you. Doug's not the moderator I would have, he has
been a TM cult enabler, an unoriginal, uninteresting poster who spammed the
list repeatedly over the years. But that doesn't disqualify him from being a
moderator but I would be concerned if his moderatorship results in stopping the
freedom of expression FFL is renowned for. You are right in questioning his
motivations in banning Barry, he just needs to state clearly why he has banned
Barry that's all.

Me: Glad we agree on that. Well said.

 ?: As a former poster I'm glad to see Barry go, Edg's impassioned posts
demonstrate why Barry has been such a toxic influence here and you Curtis have
been one of his greatest enablers here, and you should be ashamed for that.

Me: Requesting that someone feel shame is such a weird thing to communicate.
Trying to link me to Barry as someone who could be in a position to "enable"
shows a lack of understanding of the word. It means: to give (someone or
something) the authority or means to do something.

How would it be possible for me to do either of those things with Barry by
posting on the same board he does? Rick enabled us all and that was the end of
anyone's ability to enable anyone here. We rarely even cross posts we mostly
have different interests here.

Sorry for disappoint you about your request for me to be ashamed of my
participation here. To make matters worse, I am really proud of the what I have
written here. It has helped me immensely in online communication. And much of
that learning took place in a highly charged emotional atmosphere where someone
was riding my jock hard about being too much of one thing, or not enough of
something else. It was often very unpleasant. But it is a kind of training that
I value. I don't seem to need too much of it these days, but when I need a
dose, this place delivers.

Thanks for writing and I will accept the feedback not to invoke names from the
past that way.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <curtisdeltablues@...> wrote :

 Edg,

I was not in Barry's crosshairs and you were. I never viewed you through his
eyes. You and I became friends on our own as we sized each other up as good
people. So I am not judging you for your opinion of him nor him for his opinion
of you. That is between you two guys and is none of my business. I always deal
one on one and make up my own mind on people here.

If I was Barry's target I would probably feel as you do. But I would just tune
him out like I did others who went after me or find a way to interact that
suited my writing interests. And I might write as you have dancing on his grave
a bit. I get the appeal and I always enjoy reading you whatever the topic.

But the bigger issue for me isn't Barry, it is an environment I have valued for
a place to exercise free thought. It has been hijacked by someone who not only
does not value free expression, he has acted against it. I know you felt the
chill when he went after that Lynch comment as an actionable offense.

If we want to understand what freedom of speech is all about, defend it for
someone whose views we disagree with. I used to argue against banning Ravi for
raving here until he crossed over a clear line of personal harm. I thought he
deserved to be able to post because I didn't want anyone making that kind of
content judgement calls on anyone here.

 I would be willing to give Turq an offer to post ONCE more.....cuz it'd be
great to see how hard he'd cram everything into it.  Hilarious, right?

I tried hard as hell to like Turq, because: Curtis.

I'd do numbers on my head about "Turq's a good writer, posts some newsy stuff,
gives some headsup on films" like that like that, because Curtis is smarter
than any two of us here and he was okay with Turq, so I had to re-think this
issue many times, but every single time I posted something -- even if it was
neutral-ish and not turq-ish related and not even true-believer-ish -- BAM this
dick would go out of his way to somehow find something with which to, once
again as he did for so many here, deride me, the person, instead of trying to
uplift with countering and educating debate points.

Turq was a hunting sniper here -- shooting to crush anyone's spirit and ruin
their fucking day with a major self-esteem wound.

Psychic fucking vampire slavering to lick up any spilled blood.

Sick.  Sociopath almost certainly.  Willfully anti-sanity.  Living inside a
bullet proof bubble.  Not blinkered, blind.

I tried.  He shot poisoned arrows.  I am not the most lovable person, hee
fucking hee, but Turq attacked almost everyone in this manner, so I'm felling
pretty okay about being targeted "for no reason."  Yeah, I post some crap here
and should be wrist slapped maybe sorta but shit, gimme a break.

Not that Turq couldn't have had great insights in the psychological and
spiritual dissonances some of us experience regularly, but that he NEVER wanted
to help anyone towards clarity -- he was only here to rape your mind in public
and then walk away like he'd slain a dragon for all our benefits.

Talk about your  terror-minded, teeny brained, tawdry life intents!

I know you're reading, Turq.  Ha ha ha ha ha.......payback's a bitch....and get
this: just like you NEVER gave anyone a break, I'm smackin' the fuckin' shit
outta ya when YOU'RE DOWN, because IT'S PERFECT KARMA.

And, it takes a thorn to remove a thorn -- thank you Rick for giving us Doug!
Yes, I said it!  Ha ha!

 I second the motion! And for the record I like Barry and Duveyoung too, who
doesn't like Barry.