IOW, "Doomsday Preppers" will get the last laugh. ;-)

https://youtu.be/xembQvHGNUM

On 06/25/2015 02:27 PM, salyavin808 wrote:

Software development would come to a halt. These days a programmer's right hand man is the Internet. Instead of books you look up how to solve a programming problem by looking it up online. Of course we'd have to go back to selling software in boxes at stores and mailing out discs with updates. That is if anyone bothered to turn on their computers again.

It's lucky for us it's all fairly hypothetical.

But what if some terrorist group could create a virus so evil it took down the web for a month. Would civilisation survive?

Shops wouldn't get food, shipping would stop, power regulation relies on information gathered and passed over the net. Probably everything in the modern world is connected in some way.

It's "lucky" that ISIS are more intent on buying nuclear weapons than good programmers....