> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > With literally generations of trademark law on the side of the
> TMO.
> >
> > The thing is, it will never come to court because the
> > TM movement is terrified that it would *lose* in a
> > court case.  There have been *dozens* of legal precedents
> > of companies trying to 'recertify' its sales representatives
> > to get more money from them without actually giveing them
> > any new training or products to sell, and every one of them
> > tends to lose in court, for obvious reasons.  copyright
> > law is one thing; an obvious attempt to extort money from
> > your own employees is another.  Courts and judges are human,
> > and can see past an obvious greed-scam.
> >

> But TM teachers aren't "salesmen" in that sense. They represent a
> copyrighted trademark. And the TMO isn't trying to get more money
> from the TM teachers, but from their "customers," since the FEE
has
> been jacked up, not just the required payment from the "sales"
side.
> The TMO certainly has the right to set the PRICE for the item
> for "sale," don't you agree? And as long as the TM teacher is
> representing themselves as a "TM" teacher, they're cashing in on
the
> advertising and reputation of the TMO, which has spent a LOT of
money
> and time and effort to create the market for TM.
>
> No, the TMO may not have pursued people with a vengance before
now,
> but unless the judge rules that they didn't put enough effort into
> protecting the trademark previously, the TMO stands to lose
MILLIONS
> in the next few years and they WILL pursue people now.
>
> Mark my words, etc.

Stop kidding yourself. The 'recertification' was just
so that the TMO could charge existing TM teachers (that
is, suckers) some extra money TO be 'recertified.' That
and get them to sign up-to-date legal agreements that
would be more binding.

In the process they turned off most of their most ardent
supporters among the TM teachers who were still teaching.
It's ALL about money.

And they will NOT pursue any of these things beyond the
point of making vague threats. They simply cannot afford
the possibility of a real court case, because too many
things about the TMO's cultlike nature would come out
in such a case, and there is a good chance they'd lose.

The TM teachers ARE salesmen, BTW.  Who do you think
does the actual work of putting up posters, giving
lectures, and teaching new people?  It certainly isn't
the movement; they're doing everything in their power
to HINDER more people from starting.  The administration
of the TM movement couldn't sell toilet paper to a man
dying of diarrhea.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM