wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > > There will never *be* a "defense fund" because the
> > > TMO will be too terrified to allow the issue to come
> > > to court. This is all bluster and threats.
> > >
> > > But if it did, I don't really have the money to be
> > > of that much use to a "defense fund," but I would
> > > certainly volunteer to be a witness for Mike's
> > > side of the case.
> >
> > What side would that be?
>
> The side of a dedicated TM teacher who wishes to
> continue honoring his original commitment to teach
> a potentially valuable technique of meditation at
> a reasonable price and who wishes that the organ-
> ization that represents that technique still felt
> the same.

But that's not what the court case would be about. All of that is
immaterial to someone using a registered trademark without
permission. More than likely, a good TMO lawyer could get any and all
witnesses/testimony/facts pertaining to these points excluded
automatically.

> They *really* wouldn't want me as a witness in
> such a case. I spent several years at the TM National
> Center in L.A., in a position where I was privy to
> all sorts of illegal moneylaundering and coercive
> activities with regard to TM teachers.

And you probably wouldn't be called because any such testimony is
irrelevant to the question: does the TMO have the right to say who
can and cannot use its registered trademarks?

> Me, I don't teach TM any more and never will again,
> but I do feel for someone who wishes to do that,
> honoring his original commitment to the TMO and
> wishing that they had a similar sense of honor to
> those they had commissioned in the past as teachers.

Again, irrelevant to any court case the TMO would bring.

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/abEMxA/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM