Those duty stats sound a lot like what was an effective force of the TM.org in
July 1975. TM in the United States had 5,799 teachers of TM in July 1975. Some
of them were highly effective at teaching. Teaching at a rate of 16,000 people
a month then. But the distribution of effectiveness and the effectiveness of
the organization then seems a lot like how you are describing active DOD duty
now.  Maybe it describes a lot of personnel and organization. -JaiGuruYou

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <seekliberat...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 What you hear on the news makes it sound like we have some vast capability to
do anything we want with our military.  However, we're not this omnipotent or
omnipresent force that the media presents to you.

 I'm still active duty, and in a special operations unit.  We aren't the
magical creatures depicted in Lord of the Rings, Star Wars Jedi stories, or
Rambo films that Hollywood depicts.  To make matters worse, most people who
join Spec Ops units dream of being a gunfighter more so than conducting genuine
'unconventional' warfare.

 If you want an estimation of how many special forces we have:  there are about
10,000-15,000 Green Berets, 3,000-4,000 Navy Seals, and about 600-800 Marine
Special Operations Command Operators.  I'm not sure about Air Force, but all
they do is rescue down-pilots or assist other Spec Ops units.  They don't
really do 'unconventional' warfare.

 Now, lets do further mathwork.  About 10-20% just joined because they wanted
to be cool.  They are worthless.  Another 30-50% are nothing more than
intelligent and athletic guys who are mature enough to at least cooperate and
contribute to the mission.  The remaining 20-40% are the guys who really
understand 'unconventional' warfare.  So in other words, best case scenario, we
have about 10,000 personnel in the entire DOD who understand how to genuinely
defeat ISIS.

 Now, out of all those who understand unconventional warfare, some of them are
stuck as instructors at a schoolhouse, sitting behind a desk, or doing
something else completely unrelated to fighting ISIS due to a vast military
bureaucracy.  Another small percentage has family issues and requests duty
stations completely unrelated to operations.  Therefore, you can be rest
assured, we probably have approximately 5,000 personnel in the DOD (Dept of
Defense) that actually are heavily engaged in developing strategies to overcome
ISIS.  That isn't much.

 To make matters worse, those 5,000 committed people, they are plagued by a
bunch of careerists who are looking for a promotion instead of strategies for
victory (not to mention, some of them get killed).  Watch the movie apocalypse
now.  Pay close attention to the psychology of Colonel Kurtz (played by Marlon
Brando).  Don't get wrapped up in his insanity, but pay attention to his
frustration with the military and the careerism that constantly interfered with
his ability to win the war.  It still plagues us today.

 Now, we're experiencing the same thing.  It's no different than the whole
MIU/MUM campus.  Some people were genuinely trying to evolve, others just
wanted to follow the rules and sign up for courses and enjoy their social
status as a siddha.  Some people are always trying to skate uphill.

 seekliberation