> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
snippage>
> > My experience has been that as a born English speaker I found no
> > subtle confusion when very young being introduced to a language
of
> > the country I was in. For example, learning Spanish in Mexico,
> > because I heard and spoke both languages daily. I also rapidly
> > forgot the non-English language after leaving its country of
origin.

> The question in my mind is whether the confusion MMY
> is talking about is on such a subtle level that you
> *wouldn't* detect it as such--the point being that we
> really don't know what he's referring to.

I mean no disrespect to him or to you, but if it is that subtle,
from a practical standpoint, who cares? My benchmark for such things
even as a child has been if it is creating undue strain, don't
bother. On the other hand, if something seems readily available,
take advantage of it...

Reminds me of a larger issue, sort of related to the emotional
healing vs TM discussion. After I had been meditating for awhile and
been exposed to all of the esoteric Indian stuff and tried some of
it on for size, I realized that as a person of the world, with a
finite amount of time to devote to spiritual practice, I had to use
common sense in what I adopted vs not.

This then led to a growing sense of freedom that it was I who was
most interested in enlightening myself, vs blindly accepting and
following the precepts of the saints.

It eventually made for a much more interesting journey, being
empowered to deliberately choose from a menu of thought and practice
what best suited my personal spiritual development.

> Until we have a clearer idea, it makes no sense to
> assume he's contradicting established scientific
> fact.

Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne Moore.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM