on 12/10/05 10:03 AM, feste37 at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> At last we can agree on something. You're right, I don't have any children at
> MSAE, or anywhere else for that matter, although I hope you won't demand
> proof of the latter.
>
> The truth is, MSAE is a mixed bag. I taught there once, within the last
> decade,
> although not for long. There were some students there who were outstanding
> by any measure, some who were average and some who were, shall we say,
> "challenged." The achievements are real, but it's a certain type of "ideal"
> student who succeeds there, and if you don't fit the mold, it's not so easy
> for
> you. Your points about capable teachers  leaving is valid, and this is cause
> for
> regret. Personally, I think it is ludicrous for the movement to charge a
> million
> dollars for a course and yet fail to adequately compensate its teachers at the
> school. Were I in charge of MSAE (which is about as likely as my being
> chosen by NASA for the first manned flight to Mars), I would run things
> differently.

You wouldn't be able to, because you would be answerable to Bevan who is
answerable to MMY. He is the final authority on all money matters, etc.

>It's founded on a brilliant idea -- holistic education with a
> knowledge of the Self -- and I hope it finds a way of staying open in spite of
> plunging enrollment. There are many important things it is doing right, and it
> offers something that is not available in the public schools here.

I think you offer a fair assessment, from my limited perspective.

Need Help?  Get Help! Tools and Strategies for Healthy Drug-Free Living</a>.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/wI.OUB/dbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM