Did I say I wanted open borders?  No, I didn't.  Did I say I wanted to exclude
whole populations?  No I didn't

 By the way, the bill for potential "refugees" is considering refugees from all
over the world, not just Syria.

 How many refugees does the United States admit? Each year the President, in
consultation with Congress, determines the numerical ceiling for refugee
admissions. For Fiscal Year (FY) 2016, the proposed ceiling is 85,000
http://www.state.gov/j/prm/releases/docsforcongress/247770.htm.
 Refugee Ceilings and Admitted Refugees to the United States, FY 2009-2015

(Source: Refugee Processing Center
http://www.wrapsnet.org/Reports/AdmissionsArrivals)

 Over one-third of all refugee arrivals (35.1 percent
http://www.wrapsnet.org/Reports/AdmissionsArrivals, or 24,579) in FY 2015 came
from the Near East/South Asia—a region that includes Iraq, Iran, Bhutan, and
Afghanistan.  Another third of all refugee arrivals (32.1 percent, or 22,472)
in FY 2015 came from Africa. Over a quarter of all refugee arrivals (26.4
percent, or 18,469) in FY 2015 came from East Asia — a region that includes
China, Vietnam, and Indonesia.

 Are you not understanding that the majority of Syrian refugees applying are
women and children?  Are you not understanding that it is a vetting process
that takes up to TWO YEARS as currently structured?

 Mike, these are the facts!  What are you making up in your head?

 Yes, ISIS is a terrorist group and they are engaging in terrorist activities
and it's a real bummer for everyone.  I am sure that we will do our best as a
nation to keep terrorists out.  As we are doing currently.

 Honestly, Mike, I believe strongly we need to take stock of our domestic
situation.  My priorities are different though.  Building a wall for billions
and billions of dollars is not even on the list.

 The latest Omnibus spending bill has funding for up to 300,000 refugees over
the next few years. Doesn't mean there will be that many but the potential is
there.The FBI has said there is no way to thoroughly  vet these refugees. There
are no public records available on them. All public records in Syria have been
destroyed due to the war. ISIS also captured a passport office in Syria and has
thousands of blank Passports. ISIS has openly threatened to send their people
here as they have done in Europe. There is no point in admitting people here if
we don't know who they are and the FBI has admitted there is no way to really
know who each refugee is.

 As for a wall, so you want open borders. Let Mexico and central America send
anyone and everyone( you did say whole populations, didn't you) they want with
no restraints. WTF wouldn't come?Why not several hundred million Indians and
Chinese?With populations in the billions, they wouldn't miss a few. I bet they
need jobs and just want to improve their lives also. Why even bother to make
them come here to improve their lives? Why not just tax the hell out of
everybody here and send the money to people in their native countries where the
dollars will go further? Better yet, if you want to be *enriched* by their
cultures , why don't you just go live with them.