Spiritually immature people in a lot of groups behave like this. “Our
technique/teacher/etc. is the bestest!” It’s an ego-booster. “It must be the
best because if it weren’t I wouldn’t be doing it, because I’m so discerning
and wise.”

From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:05 AM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: Activist Meditators and A day of silent prayer
..Meditation 's Going Mainstream

Yeah, TM’ers do seem to contend a fight over meditations.  The antagonism with
the other practices begins right away in the TM intro lectures.  Seems a
marketing device employed on or by TM'ers.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com> ,
<mdixon.6...@yahoo.com <mailto:mdixon.6...@yahoo.com> > wrote :

TM teachers are persnickety because Maharishi was when he was training
teachers. He always drove home the difference between TM and other techniques

 when asked about them. He was *faulting* the other techniques and explained
why TM was *better*. This is fine when you're teaching teachers. However, good
manner s dictates you don't take that attitude when in *mixed* company. I don't
recall M doing that when he was in the company of another teacher...run the
other guys meditation down and build his up.

As I said earlier, can TM'ers know when to not run the other guys meditation
down in order to look superior.

  _____