Fuxero,

 My answer is simply that I was born into this tradition.  At this point, I
don't see why I should reject it.  Also, Jesus was predicted by the prophets in
the Old Testament to incarnate as the Messiah.  The Jews assumed that the
messiah would be a political leader.  But he came instead  to proclaim the
kingdom of heaven as the spirit within all human beings. This is the reason why
orthodox Jews would not and cannot accept him as the messiah.  IMO, that's the
same reason why Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <yifuxero@...> wrote :

 Thx for the excellent discussion, but I believe a point is lacking.  Let's
assume that Jesus has presented a body of knowledge and techniques pointing to
the Unified Field (Ground of Being) and It's Realization.  Fine, but here's a
question I posed to Bishop Spong (a deceased Christian Gnostic).  I asked him
that given that Buddhism and or what is collectively called "Hinduism"
(Sanatana Dharma) have countless teachers in unbroken traditions geared toward
Self Realization (Enlightenment, or whatever terms are used), and there doesn't
seem to be much of an unbroken Gnostic Tradition in Christianity comprised of
large numbers of Realized persons that we can point to (apart from luminaries
such as St. John of the Cross); then......why the Jesus part?
 Spong's reply: simply because devotion to Jesus pleases him.
 Fine, but I don't see how any Jesus Program is superior to what's offered as
derived from Buddhism and Hinduism.  (notwithstanding the case of the Spiritual
Giants in the Quaker Tradition.)
 So why Jesus?

  • [FairfieldLife] Did Jesus... jr_...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]
    • [FairfieldLife] Re: ... s3raph...@yahoo.com [FairfieldLife]