Humans will always be higher order than animals, due to greater intelligence
and adaptability. I do think it is fascinating that using such gifts we can
emulate a state of awareness much lower than the animals too. It is that
flexibility unique to our species that makes us top of the pile. The challenge
appears to be to gain the acceptance of life and naturalness that animals have,
while honoring our own birthright.

 These ISIS jihadists are the current manifestations of the asuras or devils in
Nature.  They are  lower than   human beings, but are considered above animals
in the Vedic hierarchy of creatures on earth.

 Bullshit, I'll take an animal any day. Animals are, much of the time, "above"
human beings let alone these ISIS monsters. So, what makes a human so special?
The fact that they, supposedly, can come to "know" God? Animals are born
knowing God.

 The methods they use to kill those that refuse to follow them are
horrendous.They make the NAZIS seem like Boy scouts.