Yep, someone was recently telling me there were about a 100 people who became
TM teachers out of St. Louis, Columbia, Kansas City and the Cape.  It seems
Carl spent some time growing up near Mexico, Missouri.  I train riding horses
and often ride the streets in Fairfield and as he came to know I am a horseman
and have gaited horses and he would ask me if I knew of this famous racking
horse from Mexico, Mo. and the breeder there. It was something like a
Narragansett pacer, famous and fast.  That horse was impressive in its time and
its breeder apparently was nearby where Karl grew up for a time. Carl seems
have also been of the Missouri TM cohort.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <steve.sun...@yahoo.com> wrote :

 Wait.  Karl ( Carl) Wannaman?  I knew him.  He was part of the Cape Giradeau,
Mo. contingent if it is who I am thinking of. Would have been friends with
George Todt and Tim Hildebrandt, (deceased).

 I would not have pegged him as the Navy Seal type, though, or a healer, for
that matter, but he was a nice fellow.

 Karl Wasserman passed away last night. An old devotee of Maharishi, very much
a part of the Fairfield, Iowa Meditating Satsanga. A cultivated spiritual guy,
a healer. He was a Navy Seal before there were Navy Seals, went to Viet Nam. As
a teenager he met Maharishi while surfing and walking on the beach one day in
Malibu. Later he went to TM teacher training. For a while Maharishi made him a
checker of advanced techniques. In his later years he was resident in Fairfield
and very much present in the meditating community. The last couple of years he
was confined in a nursing home in Fairfield. I am grateful to have known him,
he taught me the night technique the way Maharishi taught it to him.  I will
miss him.   “Free at last, he is free, thank god almighty he is free at last”

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote :

 I think his last name was Wannaman or Wanneman... something like that.

 Karl Wasserman passed away last night.