> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ultrarishi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> world is

> than for

> and
> > > >

> > > I was following LB until he equated disillusionment with the TMO with
> > > disillusionment with 'evil' USA. I think 'evil' USA is actually
> > > another media myth.
> > >
> > > JohnY
> > >
> > @@@@@@@@
> >
> > Needless to say, I do not expect or require people to agree with
> everything I post.
> >
> > With respect to the "media myth", I think you have it exactly
> backwards. USA as the bastion
> > of freedom and democracy is the media myth. One has only to see who
> owns the media to
> > understand how this could be the case.
> >
> > Outside the USA, the Evil Empire view is currently almost universal.
> It has particularly
> > floated to the surface with the current administration, coincidentally.
> >
> > The history of military adventurism and economic exploitation, the
> subvesion of foreign
> > governments, etc, is well established, but it NOT generally explored
> in the mainstream
> > media.
> >
> > More blatant recent developments regarding fraudulent elections and
> the subversions of
> > our civil liberties are merely the more recent and obvious
> indicators of corporate fascism.
> >
> > Europeans, having had more experience with these things, tend to see
> us as naive
> > barbarians.
> >
> > Most Americans, on the other hand, tend to be in denial about it.
> Those in the early stages
> > of owning it tend to be angry and/or frightened.
> >
> > L B S
> >
>  Nothing complicated, I just think that on the whole the US has been
> more a positive than a negative force in world affairs and the 'evil'
> America thing is perpetuated by a press with an agenda of it's own.
>
>   Those 'experienced' Europeans have had their collective bacon pulled
> from the fire by US barbarians quite a few times. And like Maharishi
> are rather ungrateful about it too, when it suits their purposes.  As
> far as the TMO is concerned we're only a little evil but our cash is
> quite good.
>
> JohnY

&&&&&&&&

Again, I must politely disagree. The "press" rarely touches upon the inner
dynamics of
history or current events, and has in fact been skillfully manipulated to
preserve the myth
of Noble America. It takes time to put together a more accurate history and
reading of
current events, and one must draw on many sources that "mainstream Americans"
almost
never consult.

What has happened within the past few years is just that the current
administration has
exacerbated the deeply-rooted fascist trends within this country and made it
harder to
deny them.

Many decades of conditioning have to be overcome in order to see this. It is a
painful
process. Not everyone wants to do it. No problem. Life is short, but time will
sort this
question out for future historians.

L B S

Does he tell you he loves you when he hits you? Abuse. Narrated by Halle Berry.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hemMeA/rbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM