I was present when Maharishi talked about the future in terms of
teachers leaving him. He described two signs to look for:
1) Strong verbal "devotion" to Guru Dev.
2) Starting to use other pictures of Guru Dev than the one he choose
for Puja.

It's already happening.

Like everything else Maharishi has said will happen, in due time.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Nice post LB, you got it right.
>
> --- L B Shriver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I occasionally reflect on the fact that Fairfield,
> > as a New World Kumbh Mela, would not
> > exist were it not for Maharishi—and, by extension,
> > Guru Dev.
> >
> > While I concur that reverential regard for either of
> > the two is not and should not be a
> > requirement for participation in this forum, today I
> > feel inclined to make a few personal
> > remarks.
> >
> > Maharishi remains controversial; in the world at
> > large, in the Movement, and on this list,
> > one finds a wide range of clinical evaluations and
> > gut level emotional responses. When I
> > traveled in India, I also found a wide range of
> > attitudes where Maharishi was concerned,
> > but only the highest respect for Brahmananda
> > Saraswati.
> >
> > Brahmanandaji has never disappointed me. Even though
> > his teachings on the status of
> > women were somewhat disappointing in the context of
> > our perspective, they reflected his
> > tradition more than anything else. Personally, I
> > believe his tradition was somewhat
> > corrupted in that area. (By the way, I offer these
> > remarks not as an apologist for
> > Brahmanandaji, but to forestall the necessity of
> > having to be reminded of it.)
> >
> > Brahmanadaji walked his talk.
> >
> > Whatever criticisms people have about Maharishi,
> > without him it is unlikely that many of us
> > would ever have heard about Brahmanandaji. In the
> > big picture, without knowing what
> > kinds of tools and resources were available to Guru
> > Dev, I'm happy that Maharishi
> > undertook his mission, whatever his motives may have
> > been. Despite elements of the
> > Movement that in the past I have found unappealing,
> > and which I continue to find
> > unappealing, I continue to sense Guru Dev's presence
> > there also.
> >
> > Whatever our complaints about our own lives or about
> > the Movement, I think we can feel
> > some gratitude in knowing  that a life like that of
> > Guru Dev has touched our own
> > existence, however distantly.
> >
> > Jai Guru Dev,
> >
> > L B S

> > Dying to be thin? Anorexia. Narrated by Julianne
> > Moore.
> >
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/AQDrNC/sbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM

> > and click 'Join This Group!'
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

> >     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> http://mail.yahoo.com

Drugs Don't Discriminate. Get help for yourself or someone you know.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/0I.OUB/ZbOLAA/d1hLAA/0NYolB/TM