Upfronter,

 Your explanation is interesting too.  But I believe I would like a fuller
explanation in a video format.  Do you have a link to a webpage that shows the
pastor giving a lecture about his ideas?  Thanks.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <upfronter@...> wrote :

 According to Patañjali:

 prakaasha-kriyaa-sthiti-shiilaM, bhuutendriyaatmakaM bhogaapavargaarthaM
dRSyam.

 Thank you for this interesting and thought-provoking thought.

 In the physical universe we have elements and activity with apparent stability
throughout, and we have a concrete sense of reality given to such by the
material senses and a material mind. This is a relative truth and yet
paradoxically, in my opinion, it is also a falsehood.

 The material senses along with the physical mind when given prominence over
the Beingness which transcends the Material both within and without, will
always be subject to the seeming permanence of the laws of the Material or the
physical universe - such as those which promote life and harmony, those which
when allowed cause a passionate and confused disharmony, those which are able
to bring chaos and the breaking down of life.

 As both the Material and the Spiritual appear to exist together, yet one is
only transitory while the other is the only true permanent reality, the
physical universe provides the experience and testing ground for liberation
from that which is false. Thus, in this sense, the purpose is release from
falsehood and therefore spiritual evolution with the goal of the realisation of
Perfect Reality.

 Yogic philosophy is always meaningful and interesting and yet, in my opinion,
it is only one way of viewing reality – and like all earthly  words, they can
never relay true reality to the earthly mind, they can only point in a certain
direction for further expansion of conscious understanding and knowingness.

 I prefer to see the physical universe as being but one small yet absolutely
essential stage in the overall spiritual evolution of the Life-aspect gifted
within. In short, I see the physical universe as being brought into being for
the raising up and the bringing Home of the children of the Supreme Being, so
that they are now having a full set of experience is all matters of Life and a
perfectly blended will in complete unity with the will of the Supreme Being.

 In my opinion, total comprehension of the perfect reality of the Supreme Being
is far beyond the radius of the human mind. There being such a diversity of
human minds, there are created naturally a diversity of opinions as to perfect
reality. So it is seen that there are some who view the Absolute Being as an
intelligent Force in the sense that there is no real living Being as such –
rather a universal Force. At the other extreme there are some who view the
Supreme Being in an anthropomorphic sense and they attribute an often crude
understanding and likings and dis-likings of human beings to their conception
of the Supreme Being. Neither, in my opinion is true, and this earthly world
will have been left behind a long time before the ability to cognise that
reality is made one’s own.

 I personally prefer to view the physical universe, its creation and its
purpose, in terms associated with the Spiritual Christ of the Supreme Being –
an overall picture and reasoning available to any human being, young or old, in
the blink of an eye. And when using the term Spiritual Christ, I am referring
to that which, in my opinion, existed long before the appearance of the One in
earthly flesh called Jesus 2000 years ago, long, long before the physical
universe came into being.

 For instance, I like the following account of the creation of the physical
universe given in the vestry of the Rev. Vale Owen. One does not have to
believe how the account came, it is the content of the message and not
necessarily the messenger which is both meaningful and instructive, in my
opinion…

 "The Christ was present in the earth Sphere when it was without form, that is
when it was non-material. When matter began to be He was the Master Spirit
through whom the Father wrought into orderly constellations the material
universe, as now you understand it. But, although He was present, yet He
Himself was also formless, and took upon Himself, not material form but
spiritual form, as the universe became endued with its outer manifestation, and
so took form of matter. He was behind the whole phenomena, and the whole
process passed through the Christ as the ages went along and matter grew from a
chaos into a cosmos. That were not possible except for some dynamic entity
operating from outside and superior to the chaos, and working downwards and
into that chaos. For order cannot come out of what is lacking in order except
by the addition of a new ingredient. It was the contact of the Christ Sphere
with chaos that resulted in the cosmos.

 "Chaos was matter in potential state. Cosmos is matter realised. But, this
being so, matter as realised is but the phenomenal effect of that dynamic
energy which, added to inertia, produced motion. Motion itself is the sum of
the activities of will considered potentially. Will, passing from the potential
state into its realisation, becomes motion regulated according to the quality
of that particular will which is its creator. Hence the Creator of all, working
through the Christ, produced, after ages of continuous urge, the cosmos.

 "Christ was in the material universe from its inception and, that being so, He
was in the earth sphere also while it gradually assumed first materiality and
then form and last became, in its own turn interpreter of the meaning of the
work of the ages which had become articulate, at length, in Earth's genesis.
That is, it reproduced from itself the principle of creation and gave it
expression. For from Earth came forth mineral and vegetable and animal forms of
life-expression. See you, in what this eventuates? It means no less than that
Earth and the whole Cosmos of matter is the Body of Christ.

 "This is the Christ Who was One with the Father and, being One with the
Father, was of the Father's Selfhood. Jesus of Nazareth was the expression of
the thought of the Father, incarnate as the Christ for the Earth's salvation.
So that we say to you, the Christ Who came to Galilee was but the
Earth-expression of the Christ Universal, but true Christ withal. Now let us
come to an end, albeit we have told you not a tithe of the glorious and
splendid tale of the rhyme and rhythm of the aeons and their birth and marriage
and their bringing forth of suns who smile upon their own lesser children
to-day.

 "The Christ then, descended with matter as matter descended - by
precipitation, if you will - out of the energising of spirit dynamics. He was
embodied in mineral life, for by Him all matter consists. He was embosomed in
the rose and the lily, and all vegetable life was the life of Him by means of
Whom their beauty and wonder came forth of matter moving onward towards reason,
but, at the highest, only touching the hem of the garment of rational activity.
And He became manifest also in the animal life of the earth, for animals, as
man, are of His evolving. The highest expression of His will was mankind. And
in due time He came forth of the invisible into the visible world. He, Who had
made man, was Himself made man. He, by Whom man came to be and to persist,
thought forward into matter, and His thought took on expression in Jesus of
Nazareth. So He Who was the Anointed Agent of the Creator for the making of
man, Himself became the Son of Man whom He had made."