> On Dec 24, 2005, at 11:07 AM, Rick Archer wrote:
>
> > on 12/24/05 9:47 AM, Vaj at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> >> I would be interested in one article in recent years--just one
(or
> >> more if they exist)--of one person outside the TMO mentioning
the
> >> word "generosity" or "compassion" in regards to M.
> >
> > I feel that on the whole, Maharishi was generous and
compassionate
> > with me. I felt great devotion for him, served him tirelessly,
and
> > he rewarded that service on many occasions. For instance, he let
my
> > mother join me on International Staff for 9 months, even though
she
> > had just been released from a mental hospital and wasn't the
kind
> > of person whom he could expect to make a significant
contribution
> > there. Being there with him changed her life profoundly, and
I'll
> > always be grateful to him for that, as well as for the benefits
> > derived from his teachings. This doesn't negate the screwy stuff
he
> > has done (literally and figuratively), but I believe that black
and
> > white thinking never mirrors reality, and it's good to
appreciate
> > the good people have done.
>
> Well while that's nice to hear again, as I pointed out before
unless
> you either give your life or give your money, my feeling is this
is
> unlikely to happen for others. I guess you could say if "time is
> money" then there's really little difference. I'm glad you had
that
> experience, but a way of seeing someone as compassionate might be
> those who can give the least rather than those who give their all,
> all their time or alot of their money. I would expect these people
> be rewarded, wouldn't you?
>
> I know in my own life I pray for those who bow to the rich and the
> slavish, but turn their noses up at the unfortunate or the
> downtrodden. I hope they can evolve and I take up whatever slack I
can.

> Irregardless my request for a recent independent remark in the
public
> sphere that mentions M. as compassionate or charitable seems to
have
> drawn a blank. I would have though Bob B. would've been able to
find
> something.

As you might recall, immediately after 9/11, Mahesh took out ads in 3
major newspapers basically threatening more of the same unless the US
government gave him a billion $ to save us all. I have the PDF in
case anyone really needs proof that he's lost his marbles.

Quietly HH the Dalai Lama sent a cheque for $30,000 if I remember
correctly. No fanfare, no attention sought and I don't think it got
public until nearly a year later. For the Tibetan Government in
Exile, $30,000 is a considerable sum.

Someone, as I mentioned in another post, wrote that the basics of TM
was about release of stress. By that logic, the tsunami last Boxing
Day was stress release ... but on that basis I dare the TMO to tell
us something good is happening! "Oh, dear planet, you're just
unstressing, something good is happening." Obviously, anticipating
some numskull, it was better to release it then rather than wait
until it was twice as bad. But that's stupid.

If Mahesh is all he makes himself out to be (courtesy of the TBTMO),
then he knew it was coming and, had he been compassionate, generous,
intelligent, considerate, he would have said so and told people to be
up in the mountains that day.

Mahesh is an opportunistic narcissist. People follow him because they
truly believe they are on the right path, because they truly believe.
Even drug addicts who rest on the TBTMO laurals that they have
experience to prove it's good know better.

So, I think we can genuinely say that Mahesh has many
accomplishments: nobody in the 20th Century singlehandedly ripped off
more people, got more people to believe empty promises or built an
empire on his own failure. Way to go Mahesh. I hope the special place
you get in hell will be exactly what you deserve.