--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- sparaig wrote:
> >
> > Being without expectations becomes less and less easy the more
you
> > hear your own and other's experiences, especially in a casual
context.

> If I'd reading you right, Lawson, you're saying it's better
> to be innocent, without expectations fostered by hearing
> other people's experiences. If that's the case, why do you
> hang out in a forum like this, where people describe
> their experiences in and out of meditation? So you
> quickly close such posts before reading them, or what?

I often skim over the experiences part. Its like reading my mantra:
my eyes are trained to not dwell on it in general because I become
uncomfortable for one reason or another. Likewise with experiences,
although MY experiences during/after TM have swung so widely and
wildly over the years that I don't put much stock in any experience,
my own or anyone else's.