--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The only value in hearing about others' experiencing
> is that it is entertaining and it can clarify certain
> concepts that pertain to higher states of
> consciousness. Having a quiver of these concepts at
> your ready is helpful so the mind won't go insane when
> it starts to experience realization.

I'm not convinced that hearing the experiences of
other people helps in any way to prepare you for
having similar experiences.  I'm more interested
in hearing experiences that are similar in some
way to experiences I have already *had*.  In those
cases, sometimes the other person's way of expres-
sing things or phrasing things can give me more
insight into my own variant of those experiences.

Plus, there are certain types of experiences that
cannot, almost by definition, be remembered fully.
For example, experiences of alternate states of
consciousness that one had originally in dreaming.
But when someone else speaks of those experiences,
sometimes hearing their attempt at remembrance can
act as kind of a trigger to help one remember the
essence of one's own experience, even though the
details of that experience can never be fully
remembered in the waking state or expressed in
words.