On Jan 2, 2006, at 9:10 PM, Marek Reavis wrote:

If Nisargadatta was speaking "generally" in those talks, withholding

the "real methods" of realization then it would seem to me that he was

a profound liar, inasmuch as the directness, simplicity and lucidity

of what he says in those talks is so completely at odds with

esotericism.

Not necessarily. He may have felt there were few who were ready for his teaching and therefore only taught what he taught to the masses. It doesn't make what he shared a lie by any means. Christ is quoted in one of the Gospels as saying he only talked in parables and stories to the masses; his inner teaching was preserved for his closer students.

IIRC Ramana was an adept of Ma Kali, but he did not teach those methods that I've ever heard. So it's interesting to me that Nisargadatta was taught my a Nath but never taught anything from that tradition.

It's interesting to see how this new advaita thing is spreading.