> On Jan 2, 2006, at 5:58 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > list

> > list
> >>
> >> Even Swami Rama, who was involved in severe sexual manipulation
of
> >> his female students, created hospitals, ashrams and methods to
> > take
> >> his students to full enlightenment--well beyond mere mantra
> > meditation.
> >>

> > And MMY is credited (along with Deepak Chopra!!!) doing more than
> > anyone else in bringing Ayurveda to the West. And let's not forget
> > that one of his students started the modern craze to look
> > scientifically at meditation effects.
>
> He certainly helped, but really research had been going on long
> before that.

True, but look at the pre-Wallace publication in Nature, and the post-
Wallace publication in Nature. A HUGE upswing in published reports
resulted from Kieth's doctoral thesis being published in one of th
emost important general science journals. No-one had had research on
meditation published at that level before, and it legitimatized the
field.

> I'm not sure who popularized Ayurveda the most. There were a lot
of
> people doing it at the same time. For example the best seller
_Diet
> and Nutrition_ from Sw. Rama's fold I believe was long before the
> MAPI craze.

I'm only going by what is said in the New Age and Ayurvedic circles,
both here and in India. Also, the Indian newspapers say that MMY and
Chopra are the ones responsible, so...