Some things have gone up in price. Some have gone
down.
Thirty years ago, I had to pay 25 cents a minute for
long distance phone calls. These days, I pay 2.4 cents
a minute  for long distance phone calls, less than
one-tenth as much. The reason? All the competition
that has opened up. Long distance is no longer a
one-company monopoly. TM is also no longer a monopoly.
Thirty years ago, our choices for spiritual growth
were pretty much limited to TM, Kriya Yoga, and the
13-year old guru. Nowadays, there are many techniques
available that give much faster growth than TM and
much faster growth than the TM sidhis program. TM is
no longer a monopoly. TM is no longer a monopoly.

http://www.watsonwyatt.com/europe/pubs/longtermstats/render2.asp?ID=14440

http://mail.yahoo.com