> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Is Awakening something to be "believed in"?  Does what
> > you believe in have anything to do with becoming
> > enlightened?
>
> Yes, you must absolutely believe in the fact that you can and will
> gain enlightenment, no matter what happens. Be one pointed on the
> Goal.

That doesn't seem to have been the context, however.

I was responding to this from you:

That is why he now proclaims that liberation, enlightenment,
> Brahman, identifying with the Self, Awakening, etc. are not useful
> terms, labels or concepts. Every attempt to have him state what he
> *does* believe in just results in his challenging the perception of
> the person asking.

(Your first sentence isn't what he actually *said*,
but that's a different issue.)

You appeared to be suggesting that he should hold
beliefs about the *nature* of Awakening, not that
he should believe such a thing was possible.

<snip>
> > > OK akashanon, you, unlike all of the spiritual teachers in the
> > > world, have declared the very concept of Awakening as invalid;
> that
> > > there can be no legitimate transition between ignorance and
> > > Awakening, that all we can apparently hope for is some small,
> > > incremental experiences of expanding our awareness, maybe, and
> that
> > > no phase transition occurs between one state, ignorance, and
> > > liberation, enlightenment, Brahman, identifying with the Self,
> > > Awakening, etc.
> >
> > Boy, that isn't what I understand him to be saying.
> >
> Si? Que?

I don't recognize what you write above as being any
of the points he made.