> > > In case you don't know, a tenet of many if not all
> > > spiritual traditions is, "What you focus on you become."
> >
> > Is that why, when someone on alt.m.t touted the Heifer
> > Foundation, the first thing that occurred to you was
> > whether, under the guise of giving farm animals to poor
> > people, it was actually supplying the animals for live
> > yagya sacrifices (citing Koreans in L.A. who used to
> > "rescue" puppies from the pound and then eat them for
> > dinner)?
> >
> > As I recall, you went on to point out that providing
> > live animals for sacrifice was a "thriving business"
> > in India, contrary to the image of a "beloved and
> > idealized" India you claimed was held by TB TMers.
>
> If you say so.  I tend to operate in the Now
> and as such have trouble remembering that far
> back.  I have noticed, however, that some
> people are so focused on holding a grudge that
> they tend to dwell almost entirely in the past,
> and can't get beyond things they perceived as
> an attack.  *Their* focus in life is all wrapped
> up in having been "attacked," and how important
> that was to them, and how important they believe
> that makes them.

Yeah, except that the focus here is your hypocrisy
in "instructing" Jason on the importance to one's
spiritual development of always focusing on what is
productive and uplifting, as if that were what you
believed and how you behaved.

Obviously you'd like to try to obscure that focus,
but unfortunately the only way you know to accomplish
it is by shifting the focus to what you call the
"dark stuff" of the person pointing out the hypocrisy--
which is what you just told Jason is to be avoided,
compounding the original hypocrisy.

I'm just exposing your "dark stuff" to the light,
you see.  And I suggest that "operating in the Now"
is not a sign of your great spiritual development
but rather a means of avoiding accountability for
your behavior.

> With that kind of focus, what do you think they
> will become?

If we were to go over your posts here (not to mention
on alt.m.t), what percentage do you think we would
find focusing on "dark stuff" as opposed to what is
productive and uplifting?