--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> --- feste37 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > I can't see that "waking state candy ass" is a
> > description of anything,
>
> Sure it is. Look at how Ramana and Nisgardatta and
> many other masters treat people that approach them
> whinning for a coherent, waking state explanation of
> Self. They just smash their " waking state candy ass"
> approach to facilitate the direct experience of Self
> rather than talking about it endlessly. They're doing
> them a wonderful favor.

I agree with you completely. I think feste's just
hung up on the word 'ass' because of your spelling.
Where I'm from, the term is spelled 'candyass,' all
as one word, and has nothing to do with 'ass' or
'asses,' merely with being a wuss.

What I think we're poking fun at is the folks who
seem to believe that the universe owes them a
description of enlightenment that makes sense to
them from the state of ignorance.

In my experience, the goal of such people seems to
be to convince themselves that they "understand"
enlightenment. Also in my experience, they prefer
to believe that they "understand" it rather than
to experience it, because to do that would require
that they drop the self. It's the self, after all,
that seeks to "understand."

To me, all of this connotes a pretty wussy
approach to realization, so I still think that
"waking state candyass" pretty much nails it.  :-)