The precession of the earth's axis causes the cardinal
directions to slowly shift about 1 degree every 72
years. In moves in a circle with an arc of approx 24
degrees completing one cycle every 26,000 years. This
means that if you establish "true" north, 13,000 years
later it will be off by 24 degrees. Oh no! time to
rotate the house!

http://mail.yahoo.com