on 2/4/06 2:17 PM, sparaig at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>> I agree. The enlightened man driving his car makes the decisions
> necessary
>> to navigate successfully through traffic and arrive at his
> destination. Why
>> shouldn't other decisions be just as volitional and just as subject
> to dire
>> consequences if they are made capriciously?
>>

> What capriociously? Why would someone's decision-making process be
> capricious if enlightened (and hence not owning the process since it
> is a guna-based thing) but not capricious prior to enlightenment?

Maybe "spontaneous" would be a better word than "capricious." I've heard
both Maharishi and local enlightened friends say that they're often
surprised by the things they find themselves doing. Maharishi would say "I
was saying such and such in that lecture. There must have been someone who
needed to hear it." Another friend said, "I was going to the post office but
found myself at the coffee shop," implying that something other than an
individuality was in the driver's seat.