http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1415351,curpg-1.cms

"Did Maharishi harbour any bitterness towards the Beatles?

Chopra smiled. "Part of the Beatles lore is that when they made their
first appearance on American TV, on the Ed Sullivan show, there was no
crime in the US for that one hour.

Maharishi told us, 'When I heard this, I knew the Beatles were angels
on earth. It doesn't matter what John said
or did, I could never be upset with angels'. On hearing that, George
broke down and wept."