> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > > I didn't say what you think I did above.
> > >
> > > I was trying to point out the assumption you seem
> > > to be making. You feel, based on your own experience,
> > > that you are not "running the show."
> >
> > YES
> >
> > > Therefore, you
> > > assume that someone/something else is.
> >
> > WRONG, thats your confusion
> >
> > > I'm suggesting
> > > that there is no show, and never was. :-)
> >
> > Nice, but I was just talking about my experience. My experience is
> > that with this recognition of not being in charge comes a total
> > acceptance of all that is, with no possibilty for regrets.
>
> And no responsibility for one's own actions and
> decisions, because you didn't really do them or
> make them, right?

Exactly, you got it.

> For a philosophy based on the idea that there is
> no self, it seems awfully self-serving.  :-)

Self-sufficient actually. But it is not so much a philosophy or an
instruction for action as you wrongly assume. That hasn't been
proposed. Its actually a recognition of the workings of your own mind,
that it is not really in 'your' hands, the 'you' being actually a
product of the same brain. This recognition will lead to a certain
attitude towards you past and future. If such a philososphy is taken
by anyone to give free licence to some unwholesome action, then it is
only taken as a justification for a decission that has already been
taken in the very ordinary ego-based way, and in a way was inevitable
as well (as the personality was already ego based)

> But you're welcome to it if it floats your boat.

I guess there is simply no choice.