> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >
> > What about texts that require a certain level or state of
> > consciousness to even grok?
> >
> > Sometimes there's more to the text than meets the eye. :-)
>
> Indeed. The claim that a book can only be "understood"
> by a few might, in fact, mask an attempt by those "few"
> to manipulate others.  :-)

+++ Seems to be some similarity in,
     You are not enlightened -we will enlighten you.
     You are all sinners, -   we will save you.
     You are in danger from terrorists - we will protect you.
     The first two say send money whereas the last says pay your taxes
or else.
      It looks like all have the common denominator of "we know what
is best for you" and, if you stop thinking (which is recommended) it
is all for the best.  N.