I think you ought to move on and stop wasting your energy on the TMO
just call it something else and do your own thing. I heard that all
the meditators are going to the Rothenbergs so dont fight them they
wont last and will be gone as soon as Stuarts aging mom passes or
another project comes up just wait and do your own thing and dont
waste your energy or financial resources to fight them they wont
last there and the locals will come back to you
It is sad and they should be ashamed of themselves the Rothenbergs
just do their thing and leave you alone. I ofcourse would not
disconnect my phone so you may have to fight them on small fronts
but dont bother otherwise as they will leave town before you can
blink your eye. they cant teach much it is too coslty and the whole
peace palace thing is a joke so they wont last long hand in there
and stop wasting your energy on them

> From: scozzari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Recipient List Suppressed:;
> Subject: Lawsuit - TMO vs Scozzari
> Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 11:16:03 -0500
>

> Mike Scozzari
> 2241 SW 15 St., Deerfield Beach 33442
>

> As many have heard, I have been asked to cease and desist teaching
TM
> by the TMO attorneys in Iowa.  Their demands include that I
destroy
> all teaching materials and that I no longer use their registered
> service marks for TM and Transcendental Meditation.  With the new
> project for teachers to re-certify and teach, teachers who, like
me,
> were made "teachers for life" by Maharishi, were all told we must
no
> longer consider ourselves teachers.  The re-certification course
as
> you may have heard was $2K and $4 depending on how many people you
> have taught in the past 2 years for $2500 each student. Once
> completed, re-certified teachers were required to teach full time,
> meditate 7 hours per day, open up 5 spas, raise 1.5 million for a
> peace palace, go to Holland for a month and become a raja after
which
> you would be required to wear robes and a crown and have others
bow
> to you.  Teachers were required to teach according to gender,
males
> teach males, women teach women and all in a building with an east
> entrance (TMO websites detail the entire thing).  Teachers were
> promised salaries of $2000 per month if nobody takes TM and $4000
> month if you teach 2.  Three months after it's start all salaries
> were discontinued and teachers who quit their jobs had to find
work
> once again. ++see Chandler letter below
>

> It's nonsense.  Teachers like myself have not done anything
wrong.
> Most on my list know I have continued to provide basic and
> instruction and have maintained the traditional teaching.  Every
> teacher knows what it's like to try and make a living teaching. I
> will never charge anyone $2500 - never!  I would need cold water
> running through my veins!  It's wrong and people don't deserve
it.
> It makes perfect sense to me having taught over 4000 people, that
> teachers should be able to keep all the money for instruction
> encouraging students to then take TMO sponsored follow-ups like
the
> TM- Sidhis and advanced techniques.  This way everyone wins.
> Teachers need to make a living.  When did the policymakers forget
> that?  The fees today are 6 times what they were in 1993.
>

> I have invested a small fortune to keep teaching in the area since
> 1989.  My Bell South bill is $150 per month.  Recently my Bell
South
> rep called to say he received a call from Joan Rothenberg who
accused
> me of violating the TM trademark, that I was not legally allowed
> do so and that she and her husband Stuart were the new teachers in
> Boca Raton.  This quote appeared in my January 06 newsletter:
>

> Still the Same
> Maharishi has done something that his predecessors did not do.  He
> provided a technique and a knowledge program while maintaining the
> ancient traditions.  With all the research available, TM is still
the
> best technique for relieving stress and developing inner
potential.
> The packaging and marketing changes over time but the essential
> message remains the same: meditate and enjoy.
>

> When Coca Cola introduced New Coke, the public was split on what
they
> preferred, new or old Coke.  Old Coke was introduced as Classic
Coke
> and remains the same today.  Transcendental Meditation can be
offered
> to the general population or the wealthy, no harm.  But the
essential
> teaching is here to stay.  Keeping this teaching alive worldwide
is
> the goal of all the teachers.  Competition is good and if it leads
> more people learning, no harm.
>

> As stated previously, our office teaches TM at reasonable rates.
> It's available for everyone.  Please keep us in mind and know that
we
> are here to stay.  We hope you can join us for programs that
enrich
> and refresh, inspire and expand.  Take advantage of your
membership
> and keep the teaching alive by meditating twice a day and
radiating
> the benefits in your life.
> Mike Scozzari
>

> If Stuart Rothenberg and his wife want to teach TM, there is no
> reason to push the existing teachers aside.  If the truth be told,
> would ask Stuart why he moved from North Carolina to Lancaster, MA
> and fired the staff at the ayurvedic health center  as well as ask
> Jay Glasser, MD to leave after years of medical service there.
It's
> unfortunate.  The directors called me to tell their story.
>

> The claims against me re trademark infringement are just the
opinions
> of the TMO and their attorney. I can email you the attachments. No
> court order has been issued yet. IF AND WHEN I GET THE COURT
ORDER, I
> will need to show the court the true details of my claim which
will
> only cause the TMO to look foolish as each attorney has agreed
with
> me. I have the support of certain media as well including a
publicist
> with the San Francisco Examiner who would like to really go wide
on
> this entire issue. She agreed nothing printed unless I say so. The
> TMO hates negative publicity. I think we now have the proof an
> attorney would need to go ahead with it should the TMO notify the
> court here in Broward County and hire their own attorney approved
by
> the Florida bar.  If necessary I am prepared to "fight the good
> fight" as one criminal defense lawyer advised.  Funding is under
way
> and an account will be set up to receive support from those who
want
> to help.  My goal is to continue teaching TM at a reasonable
price.
> This is just another example of bullying, the results of which
were
> evident when the Krumpe's were fired from their TMO positions at
Avon
> Park.
>

> In October 2001 the TMO arbitrarily and unilaterally raised course
> fees for teaching TM nationally announcing that all teachers like
> myself would be required to raise the course fee for TM class from
> $575 to $1000 to $1200 and to $2500 all within a 3 month period!.
> 100% of that fee was to be sent to the TMO, of which the teacher
> would receive a 20% share. From 2001 to 2003 I sent the
organization
> over $7500 in back fees as part of an agreement with them.  When
the
> IRS reviewed my taxes one year the agent could not see why I paid
the
> TMO anything.  I earned the money and covered all my expenses.
> +++See TESP at the end
>

> In March 2005 the TMO announced a "re-certification requirement"
for
> all teachers.  Teachers report there was no refresher in job
skills
> and it was all about money.  Of the 40K teachers in the US, only
340
> took the course.  The TMO is guilty of not providing any job
security
> and therefore can not be relied upon as a valid employer - and the
> organization has demonstrated it is not a responsible employer
with a
> long history of promises never kept. This my legal advisors claim
is
> a very important detail for a judge to have. ++See Chandler letter
> below
>

> More importantly, TM teachers who were threatened by the TMO to
cease
> and desist teaching TM to date were never taken to court in the
past,
> why now and why me? Friends who currently continue to teach tell
me
> they were threatened but never taken to court for trademark
> infringement as early as 1993 and we can prove that in court.
Three
> [...]
> on this and states have laws protecting the individual and his or
her
> right to operate once they complete training. The court is there
for
> the individual and the company.
>

> The media I've talked to compare the TMO to an elitist country
club
> cult with outrageous entry fees and cult-like tactics for
recruitment
> and conformity. It's a big money grab.  By trying to attract the
> wealthy members of society the TMO has excluded itself from it's
> previous reputation as being for the individual with emphasis on
> society as a whole. The average working class member of the
community
> is not able to afford the entry fee, follow-up courses and so on.
> Advanced techniques are $3000 and the TM-Sidhis are $6000.  It's
> unfortunate.
>

> And there are more issues. My attorney wants to know more about
the
> movement non-profit status and how large sums of money are moving
> from the US abroad.
>

> One teacher from California wrote....
> "It's a free marketplace of ideas, and as true American citizens,
we
> respect the right of everyone to freely speak and teach the truth
as
> they believe. ultural & historical landmarks, even reversing the
> direction of the flow of major rivers The TM org., on the other
hand,
> does not truly respect the US constitution------they openly
support
> the establishment of monarchies throughout the world, and they
openly
> function as a monarchy within their own org. structure.  They
believe
> the monarch has the absolute authority to control all information
&
> education, and they are openly calling for the entire world to be
one
> country, under the rule of an absolute monarch!   Judging by the
> history of the tm org., and its horrible mismanagement of many
> teachers and projects, destroying a vital worldwide movement that
was
> benefitting millions of people for several years, this is very
> alarming.  We can respect their right to express their viewpoint,
but
> the U.S. constitution and the majority of Americans are not
likely
> to allow them to implement their vision of a totalitarian
society!
> They force people in their own org. to bow down to appointed kings
> wearing robes & crowns!   They are calling for the destruction and
> rebuilding of all homes & buildings & cities in the world on their
> web sites, destroying all the treasured landmarks in Europe, just
> conform to their dictation as to what is proper and
architecturally
> correct.   They talk in idealistic terms of "world peace" and
> developing everyone's full potential, but this is obscuring the
truth
> that they wish to control every detail of a person's life!    At
> their "university" in Iowa  (for objective history, see
> www.geocities.com/bbrigante/updates.html), they are taking
millions
> in federal funds, while violating federal laws------they claim TM
is
> not a religion or lifestyle (it's true---it isn't) but in
practice,
> they rigidly suppress all freedom of speech & assembly on campus.
> One recent example (among thousands):  a student was informed by
the
> dean of students, that she could not teach a yoga class in town,
off
> campus, because that style of yoga was not sanctioned by the
> university.  The university for years has warned students not to
> attend the meetings of any other spiritual teachings (other than
> established mainstream religions).  Students who are caught doing
so,
> are expelled.  It goes on & on.  The teachings of Maharishi & TM
are
> wonderful & practical, but have been grossly distorted by an
> overbearing organization in the past several years.  Trained &
> experienced independent TM teachers, have the right in this great
> democracy, to present the truth of Maharishi's teaching freely to
the
> public, and to share the benefits of TM freely with the public.
The
> TM org. focuses its programs on the superrich:  following the
basic
> recommendations of the org. can cost an individual $50,000 to
> $100,000 per year, or more.  They have the right to do that
[although
> it seems their nonprofit status might be called into question ],
but
> the government will not take their side in suppressing the
activities
> of independent TM teachers."
>

> A great example of  the great benefit to our society from
independent
> TM teachers is the work of the Enlightened Sentencing Project in
St.
> Louis, Missouri, where 12 judges have directed hundreds of
> probationers to learn TM and have gained govt funding. (see
Farrok's
> web site - www.tesp.org).  +++++See TESP below
>

> I wonder how many TM teachers there are who would like to teach if
> they knew they would not be threatened.  This latest event could
be
> the rallying point for all of them!  Of the 40K trained in the US,
> and so few teaching, there are still many who would love to teach
and
> could make a difference.  I know the attorneys in south Florida
have
> been talking about a fund to help cover the costs if they go to
> trail. If all TM teachers could benefit, independence could be for
> all.
>

> +++Below is a letter from  re-certified teacher John W Chandler.
He
> sent this to Farrokh, Farrokh sent it to me:
>

> This poor TM Teacher left his job to go for re-certification. Read
> his story.
>  .
>  Just came across your e-mail address and was wondering how you
were
> doing?
>

>  "I just went through 4.5 months of major stress. I quit my job at
> the bank and signed up for the TM Peace Palace Project as a Re-
> certified Governor/Director. Then the next thing I knew, they
> canceled our course, told us to get to work right away, and by the
> way "you're not going to get paid or reimbursed for your expenses
> until we decide you deserve it". Boy did I hit the roof when they
> pulled that switch on us. Nevertheless, I stuck it out for 3
months
> before I quit. So, I lost 4.5 months of income, lost my old job,
all
> my seniority, my 401k contributions, my territory and my
credibility.
> [...]
>

> Many friends have donated to the TMO large sums of money for
projects
> never started.  The money is said to disappear to another
country.  I
> love TM and hope this never goes to court. I think the public will
> get confused but everyone knows competition is good, and TM should
> never be taught for such high prices.
>

> +++TESP, the Enlightened Sentencing Project of St. Louis, MO. is a
> non-profit org teaching TM openly by Farrokh Anklasaria.  In their
> background data they explain:
>

>  ---  You were instructed by Maharishi, 30 years or so ago, to
teach
> TM once you fulfilled the requirements of your TTC etc.  The TMO's
> arbitrary ruling of new requirements 30 years later, requirements
> that include bowing to a Raja for your area, teaching full-time
only,
> at a salary of $2000 set by the TM movement, in a city to be
decided
> upon by the TMO, among other things.
>  --- The failure of re-certified TM teachers should be part of the
> equation.  The new requirement is vastu buildings in which to
teach
> TM.  A vastu building must have an east entrance!  It cannot be
right
> that one's livelihood could be circumscribed in this way, in such
an
> arbitrary and unfair fashion.
>  ---You can sign on to the MOU or other crazy TMO satellite and
> internet channel showing what the new TMO requires TM teachers to
> adhere to.
>  --- There are countless precedents of other TM teachers not
teaching
> with the movement, openly teaching privately, against whom the TMO
> has not defended itself.  This is a very salient point.  One of
the
> key pieces of information in defending oneself in copyright
matters
> is that the trademark bearer ought to have been defending its
> trademark conscientiously.  The TMO has not been doing so at all!
>  ------ The ultimate claim: Maharishi made you a TM teacher for
> life.  That was his promise to you once you fulfilled the
> requirements of TTC etc.  You will call Maharishi himself in any
case
> filed against you.  (This prevented them from going ahead with a
> lawsuit against Dr Mishra, formerly with MAPI, in California.)
> Remember a tape in which Maharishi says that we are all TM
teachers
> in one family, like brothers and sisters for life?
>

>  Mike, remember you are not alone in this fight.  You're the point
> man but only in front at this time.  There will be many ex-TM
> teachers who will rally around such action, including us.  Many
will
> be willing to speak out against the TMO.  But we must all face the
> fact that this will be bad press for the TMO AND for all of us.
It's