> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam" <jpgillam@>
> wrote:
> >
> > We've had a half-dozen contributors to this list
> > who profess to be functioning from Brahman.
> > I've read that the larger Fairfield community has
> > a dozen or so who've awakened. MUM says it's
> > doing research on a dozen or so people in CC.
> > I get the impression that "seven lifetimes" stuff
> > may apply to some of us, but it's likely an old
> > rule that no longer applies.
>
> I can't imagine that *any* such "rule" would *ever*
> have applied in any general sense, frankly.

Agreed. The most important things to me about Mr. M's statement
about enlightenment in 7 lifetimes meditating vs a million without,
are:
1. It is in fact possible to gain enlightenment. For everyone. Wow-
what a concept! It astonishes me that even here on FFL, there are
those who continuously deny the reality of enlightenment. There is a
considerable inertia that builds up on the path after seeking so
long, and it is critical to remember that yes, we do in fact achieve
our goal. Critical thinking is always a good guide, but it is also
an excellent trap. The seeker hat is not a one size fits all. After
awhile, after practice is perfected, it gets traded in for the
multicolored model.

2. Spiritual practice does speed us to the goal.