> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@>
> wrote:

> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Patrick Gillam"

> > > It also is a "rule" that shows a remarkable
> > > ignorance of Eastern thought. Within many
> > > Asian traditions, it is considered a given
> > > that one has to have logged *tens of thousands*
> > > of incarnations, many of them human, just to
> > > get to the point where one is attracted to
> > > spiritual practice.
> >
> > I was under the impression that the clock on the
> > "seven lifetimes" rule Patrick is referring to
> > started ticking *at* the point where one is
> > attracted to spiritual practice.
> >
> > In other words, once you start the practice, it
> > takes seven lifetimes to become enlightened.  So
> > it only comes into effect *after* the lifetimes
> > in the rule you cite have taken place.  Tens of
> > thousands of incarnations to get to the point
> > where one is attracted to spiritual practice,
> > seven lifetimes thereafter to become realized.
> >
> The 'rule' if that is in fact what it is, also works if we
transcend
> our way through the 7 states of consciousness, seeing each one as a
> lifetime. Then it only takes one lifetime.

Sorry Jim, but the definition of 'lifetime' in this context is
approx. 100 years OR 7 Reincarnations, please keep the conversation
with the context of which it was intended.

YOu would be correct if you were talking about the Gita where MMY
talks about many 'births' to realize Being, that is death to
materiality and Resurrection in Spirit and back being ONE birth, but
this is NOT what Charlie was suggesting.  BillyG.